Value proposition: This setting allows you to set specific job description questions on a job by job basis if need be. This has incredible value in that you can set the same value of service, by requiring questions to be answered, engineers cannot accidentally glance over items important to your workflow and processes.
Depending on the type of job you’re doing, you may not have a need for generic questions that only an installer could answer that a maintenance person could not. Having these specific questions assigned to job descriptions helps you get specific information from specific engineers, which is immensely helpful in the reduction of admin time.
You may also add reports or questions sent on an invoice, which can help produce an item like an invoice of labor, so the customer knows what they’ve done, and what may be needed in the future. This also helps with your relationships with your customers.
Purpose: This setting allows you to create templates with specific questions, information, etc, with a variety of inputs, that you are able to connect to specific job descriptions. This allows a huge variety of workflows and depending on how your job descriptions are set up, can be set up to gather the most precise information needed for your work.
Job template workflows are only available on the 'Go Paperless' Plan and above.
If you do not set your workflow templates to your specific job descriptions, the standard arrive / leave questions will be the default.
Related: Job report workflow templates Guide
- Go to system settings > Job arrive workflow templates.
- This setting allows you to create workflow templates your techs can use when arriving. There will be a few default templates already, but you can create more using ‘Add new arrive workflow template’.
- ‘Configure’ allows you to edit, add questions, etc, this will be covered later in this guide. Download allows you to download the template via a .ZIP file, which can be imported using the advanced options.
- Edit allows you to edit the name in this setting. To delete hit delete, and then type delete. You will then press the red ‘Delete’ button.
Advanced Options: The advanced options in this setting allow you to import the .zip templates you may have downloaded. This is possible to share between commusoft customers. You will hit choose file > select it in the browser > then the system will import that template for you.
Configure - Signature on arrival
After hitting the configure button, you will be taken to a setting menu with two sections. The first is ‘Signature on arrival’ whereas the second is ‘Questions’.
If you wish to enable a signature message, you may hit the radio button ‘Yes I want to…’ to set up a message. This is normally for your customer to know what they are agreeing to when they sign the form.
Configure - Questions > Section
- This section is the ‘Questions’ area. This area lets you add contextually specific questions that will appear on the job.
- The first option you will have is to set a section. Sections can be used to block off specific frames of questions you may need to use.
For example: If you wanted your techs to gather more specific customer information from them, you could create a section called “Customer Information” with questions such as “Is there extra contact we should be aware of”
Configure - Questions > Input options
- When entering input types, you have options to include or exclude them from the report. Inputs may only be added to a page, and you may need to hit the ‘Add new page’ button first to be able to add inputs.
- You may add inputs by drag and dropping them from the left-hand column. You have multiple options in the add new field module:
- Required - This enables an input to be required, meaning the report would not be able to be completed without the specific input being answered.
- You may copy the questions onto the invoice, where it will go into the more detail section of the invoice, with both the questions and answers appearing.
- You may make the inputs appear on the job report PDF your customers receive at the end of the job.
When adding an input type, this module will appear.
- Whatever options you select here, you will see reflected in the input view on the page after adding. Here you can check your dependencies, which are questions that will not appear on the report unless another input has been added and entered first.
Here, you can see the suboptions available during input sections.
- Measurements - This is the input option to help add options for selection. In the above example, you would add color variations.
Defaults - This allows you to set an answer which will default when the input is selected. This is not meant to be a suggestion for what to answer, but rather, the answer is chosen the most often.
Dependencies - Dependencies are questions that when answered may trigger an input. Inputs that have dependencies will not appear on the app until the dependency has been activated. Example: If you have a question set as “Is there mold or mold-like damage present” and they answer yes, you may have a dependent question that will fire asking “Have you done a visual or in-depth mold screening?”
Maximum Number - This is only available within photo inputs, this allows you to set the max number of photos the input can have added. This is a great way to minimize data usage.
Delete - Allows you to delete the input, after confirming the deletion.
Configure - Questions > Input Types
This setting subsection allows you to add input questions with specific context to the question. The rest of this guide will cover the specific input types available.
Input - Allows you to label and add any input needed.
Number - Allows you to create a listed input using numbers.
Text area - Allows you to add a text area with descriptions as needed.
Date - Allows addition of dated inputs.
Time - Allows you to add a time input.
Toggle - Allows you to add a toggle with measurable options.
Checkbox - Adds a single or multiple checkbox input
Single Checkbox - Adds a single checkbox input.
Radio - Adds radio buttons.
Dropdown - Adds a dropdown option.
Input with selection choices - Allows you to select choices from an inputted question / phrase.
Plain text - A plain text input that only allows one field entry.
Decimal - Allows decimal reading inputs.
Signature - Allows an input for signature creation.
Photo - Allows a module for addition of photos. You may limit the number here using "maximum number"
Non-editable input - Adds an input your techs cannot edit.