Purpose: When receiving emails from your supplier, you can attach invoices to that supplier's page which helps it easier to locate and manage. You can ‘drag and drop these into the individual supplier's page as well. This helps keep suppliers' information, invoices, etc, nice and tidy and managed within their specific page, rather than having to search through a filesystem. You may also add invoices to a customers ‘cost’ page.
Please note: Each file you upload needs to be less than 5 MB.
Related: List of supported vendors
Adding invoices to a supplier
- Go to the ‘Suppliers’ tab, and choose your supplier from the supplier list.
- Grab your invoice from your email, downloads, wherever it is located on your terminal, and drag and drop it into the web page. You will see an uploader module, with an information box about how it’s uploading. When uploading, please ensure the invoice is correct and associated with the correct supplier, otherwise, an error will occur and you won’t be able to attach the file
Uploading invoices into the Cost tab
- You can also upload invoices into the cost tab under a specific job. To do this, go into the job > costs section > drag and drop the invoice you have into the cost area.
- The webpage will load, with the same information module you saw when adding invoices to a supplier.
- What if I want the supplier invoice connected to a job?
In order to do this, go into the job, open the costs tab and drag the invoice into there. It works in the same way, but it will be against the job too.
- I don't see this in my Commusoft.
This is probably due to the type of package you are using. This feature is available only on certain plans. If you'd like to use this and it is unavailable, please contact Commusoft sales or support
- My imports aren't working at all.
This may be due to you not setting the correct template against the supplier, or having a default nominal code. These two areas are important in the automation of this feature.
- What if I need to change the nominal code for one or more items?
You can go into the invoice after it's created and alter the details within if needed.
- Can I upload more than one file?
Yes add multiple files at once, just select them all, then drag them into the screen but you can not add 1 file with more than 1 invoice within the file itself.
- I’m experiencing errors, why?
If there are no line items, the invoice is not created (email is received with error details).
If there is no invoice number, the invoice is not created (email is received with error details).
If there are blank line items or have 0 in quantity or price, that line is skipped (notification for successful import/creation, but email is received with error details).
If there is no PO in Commusoft but there is one on the invoice PDF, the invoice is created in Commusoft (notification for successful import/creation, but email is received with error details).