Purpose: Adding parts is required and needed in your system to maintain how you work and your workflow processes. This setting allows you to import them, add prices, edit and archive parts, and download your prices as a spreadsheet.
Viewing parts in your system:
- Go to system settings > Parts and prices
- This page shows your part names, manufacturer part number, cost price, your markup, and the actions you can configure with these parts and prices.
Adding a new part:
- Go to system settings > Parts and prices.
- To add a part, tap ‘Add a part’. You may begin by adding an industry, which can be added by going into ‘industries’ in the system settings area.
- Next, select a category and subcategory. After enter a part name, if need be, you may upload an image here as well.
- Select a type, where you have a choice between part and appliance. You can then add a manufacturer's part number, cost, and a markup % (the amount added to the cost price of a part to cover overheads and profits).
- Finally, select the VAT amount, the default install time (how long it would normally take to install a part), the default labor cost rate, and the default labor sale rate.
- To edit, click on edit. From here you will be able to alter the entry and re-save.
Deletion in Commusoft is IRREVERSIBLE
- To delete entries, click on delete. To delete in Commusoft you must type delete and tap confirm in the pop-up module. If you are unable to delete an entry, you will be given a reason why.
- Importing your part lists is easy, tap ‘Upload CSV to add/update your parts list’. If your CSV file has a title in the first row, tap the checkbox.
- Adding or updating supplier prices can be done by choosing the supplier.
- Archiving your parts can be done as well. This allows you to delete all the parts in the system. If it’s been used, you’ll have the option to archive it. ARCHIVAL IS IRREVERSIBLE.
Downloading your supplier prices as a CSV spreadsheet can be done by selecting the supplier, then hit ‘Download excel’.