If you no longer need to use the parts stored within your system, you can delete all your unused parts and archive all your used parts (rendering them unusable, they cannot be deleted to avoid corruption of historical records). Once this is done, it cannot be reversed so there are a few security steps you will need to go through to confirm you wish to proceed.
- In order to delete or archive a single part, go to your system setting. Scroll down to the parts management section to access your 'parts and prices'.
- From here, click 'Delete' on the right-hand side of the part you wish to get rid of. If the part has already been used, Commusoft will not be able to delete it, you will be given the option to 'Archive' instead.
- In order to mass delete/archive your parts, go to your system settings. Use the 'Advanced options' tab to expand the 'parts and prices' section.
- At the bottom, you will have the button giving you the option to 'Mass delete/archive parts', after this you can select whether you wish to delete all your unused parts, keeping the parts that have been used on jobs already, archive your used parts or both.
- After this, you will need to confirm your choice for security reasons. Enter your username and password and then type 'Confirm' into the box below before clicking 'Delete'.