Your diary settings allow you to observe and change the way in which your diary operates. By going to 'System settings' and then 'Diary settings', you can see how they're currently set and make any necessary changes to the diaries behaviour to suit your workflow.
Once you've opened your 'Diary settings', there will be a number of options for you to adjust.
If you'd like your engineers to be able to have more than one diary event booked into the same slot, you can enable the 'Overlap events' feature. These events will be displayed as such:
As well as this, you will have the options to choose how your events are displayed when in their various stages as displayed in your diary. You can choose to have them 'Greyed out', 'Displayed' or 'Not displayed' if you wish to omit them entirely:
- If you set an event as Displayed it will mean that it will display as a normal event, even if it is aborted/rejected/no access/cancelled.
- If you set an event as Not displayed it will mean that when an event is aborted/rejected/no access/cancelled it will not be displayed on the diary, the event will be removed from the diary.
- If you set an event as Greyed-out it will mean that when an event is aborted/rejected/no access/cancelled it will be displayed on the diary but will be greyed out to indicate it's status.
You can select a display density as well, setting up how large/prominent the actual diary events appear in your schedule:
- You can select whether you want previous (past) jobs displayed, simply the last job or no historical ones at all (this applies to the map view only).
- Finally, you can select whether you want your engineers displayed in columns or rows (this can be a useful feature depending on the number of engineers you have within the system).
It's important to be aware of how your diary settings are configured. This will ensure you know which jobs will be displayed and how and avoid any confusion, especially when the state of a job or event changes after it has already been created within the diary.