You can store a library of various appliances within Commusoft. These are stored and segmented into various categories, meaning you can search according to type, make or model.
- You need to have each category set up from the top down (groups > types > makes > models) in order to have your appliances stored within Commusoft.
- Fuel types (found under 'System settings') are used to describe an appliance, defining it by the kind of fuel it uses.
- You can set up your various fuel types (Electric, Oil, Solid fuel etc.) from this page within your system settings.
How to use appliances
Here, you can manage the various appliance groups you've set up.
- An appliance group represents a broader category of more specific products (e.g. combination boilers) as well as makes and models.
- You can create appliance groups by going to 'System settings' then clicking into 'Appliance groups'. You can also amend or delete any existing groups from this page.
Appliance types fall under appliance groups. Here you can segment your appliances into smaller, more specific niches. For example, if you have 'Ovens' as a 'group, you can create the type 'Gas ovens' to go within this group.
This page is where you can set up the various makes (or brands) for your appliances. This needs to be established before you can specify the individual models within these brands.
The final level of description for your appliances, this is the section you can add, edit or delete the specific models of your appliances. This category falls under the others which need to be defined first.
(Please note: These cannot be uploaded in bulk like customers or parts and prices can)