Purpose: Being able to integrate credit card details is massively important to gathering payment, having timely collections, and working efficiently. The variety of options spoken on below shows the different ways the credit card details area helps with your jobs, estimates, invoices, etc.
Please note: The lower example happens when you don’t have credit card integrations set up, if you see this, please reach out to us.
- Go to system settings > Credit card details.
- You have a variety of options in this module. You may choose to record details when creating a job, and make it optional, or mandatory. You may also record details when creating a job, and make it mandatory and allow deferred payments. Select your option here, then hit ‘Save’.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT - Further Explanations
- ‘Don’t record details when creating a job’ - this is the default option. This simply means that jobs can be arranged and completed without needing (or being able to) take any card details before payment is due.
- ‘Record card details when creating a job, but make it optional’ - This will allow you to collect and save the card details of your customers as you book in your jobs. You can store any number of cards for a customer (and delete them). This option will still allow you to book through the job without entering any card details, however, in the instances where it is not necessary or possible to record details.
- ‘Record card details when creating a job and make it mandatory’ - Similar to the previous setting, this will allow you to enter and save the card details of your customers when you’re booking in a job. This option, however, will not permit you to complete the booking without you entering the details first.
- ‘Record card details when creating a job, make it mandatory, and allow deferred payments’ - This option will always require card details to be recorded before the job will be eligible to be booked, it will also give the option to set an amount for a ‘deferred’ payment, to be taken before booking the job. This will place a ‘block’ on a set amount of funds from the customer’s card, similar to a deposit. Within this option, you must select the option to either ‘Take payment at the time of booking the job’ or ‘Take payment at the time of booking the first diary event’.