Commusoft allows you to create a number of reports from the ‘Reporting’ tab. These range from reports concerning the status of ongoing works to more general profit and loss calculations.
You can set up your chosen reports to display as widgets on your reporting page, you can reorder them by dragging and dropping them and add or remove them using the ‘Quick links’ function (top right).
You can utilise your reports in a number of ways to improve and monitor your workflow. We have a number of system standard reports as well as the ability to create and save custom reports of your own. These reports can be broken down into two categories:
- Operational - These reports will help you keep track of the day to day operation of your business. Things such as checking 'ordered but not retrieved' parts or open jobs that have not yet been actioned will give you a real-time view of how things are running.
- Managerial - These reports help you get broader and more general statistics from your system. You can track your profits, the number of jobs of a certain kind coming in or when your busiest periods are weekly, monthly or even yearly. These will help give you a comprehensive overview.
Going to the ‘Reporting’ tab will bring up any widgets you have already selected for reports. If you haven’t got any set up yet, simply click ‘Quick links’ and then ‘Add/remove dashboard widgets’. This will bring up a list of widgets that you can choose from, simply click to select the one(s) you want to display under the reporting tab and ensure you ‘Save’ afterwards.
- To generate individual reports, click the menu button on the left-hand side (indicated by the list-icon). This will allow you to go through the various categories for which reports can be generated. These are our 'core' reports, automatically available within the system. You can filter them for greater specificity but they are not reports you have to create yourself.
- After selecting the appropriate category and subcategory, you can amend your report by editing the columns and filtering it further. You can apply and remove filters and edit columns using the filter search bar at the top of the page and the ‘edit’ icon on the table respectively.
- If you create a report that you would like to be able to draw on again in the future without having to reset the filters or columns, you can save your report using the ‘Quick links’ option.