You can bulk upload customers to the Commusoft system at any point. This can be achieved by importing a CSV file, please note that once imported, you cannot upload the same CSV file (if you have forgotten some information for example) more than once, so please try and ensure that all the information is correct before you import. If you’d like to see how to add customers individually, you can see that article here.
How to import your customers
- First, open ‘Company settings’, from the ‘General settings’ section select ‘Importing data’.
- You’ll need to create a spreadsheet in CSV format in order to import your information. You can do this in Excel or Google sheets (you can see a list of the required and available column headings here, included in our guide to cleaning your data).
- Once you’ve created your spreadsheet, click ‘Custom import’. Read the instructions on the following screen carefully and click ‘Upload your CSV file’ in order to select your spreadsheet.
- You will need to select the appropriate headings corresponding to the columns you’ve included, although the system may recognise and pick up on these (if Commusoft incorrectly titles a column you can just choose another).
- When you’re happy with the column headings just click ‘Save’ to begin the import. You will be redirected to the settings page and you’ll receive an email notification informing you that the import has taken place.
Why it's useful
Bulk uploading your customers’ information saves you the time and hassle of having to input them all individually. This means that you can upload up to 5,000 at one time (please note that you would not be able to upload any more than this in one spreadsheet).
Cleaning your data and ensuring that you have all the information you will need on the spreadsheet is paramount as the same spreadsheet cannot be imported again once it’s on the system.