This setting was previously called: Communication preferences.
Purpose: Communication rules lets you set defaults for how customers/work addresses prefer to be contacted, as well as new customer and new work addresses. This page lets you select between 4 options as a default, which can be changed later on both an individual and bulk basis.
- When you have the communication preferences all unticked, you may still manually send email / SMS to the customers in the notes and communications tab
- If you do not enter a communication type on customer/work address creation the respective preference cannot be set
- SMS feature is an optional add-on, contact support for further information
Set preference defaults
Profile Icon > Settings > Customers > Communication rules > View> Select the preferences to set by default when creating a new customer/work address > Save
Bulk changing existing customers/work address preferences
- Advanced options > Select ‘View customers’ or ‘View work addresses’ > Filter your contacts by name or customer type > Change communication preferences
- Tick all preferences to include > Tick all preferences to exclude > Save
- The process will run in the background, once complete you will receive a notification