Labour rates can be created and configured for use on your invoices. A labour rate refers to the charge applied for an engineers labour outside of other pricing items. These can be set up through your system settings and can also be adjusted to account for differing charges at different times (for example an 'out of hours' charge could be more expensive.
- In order to set up your labour rates, open your system settings. Scroll down to the 'Invoicing' section and click into the 'Labour rates' setting.
- This will take you to a page of any existing labour rates set up within your system. In order to create a new one, click the 'Add new labour rate' button on the right-hand side.
- Clicking this will open a side panel where you can configure the specifics of the labour rate itself. Each field is required, including the VAT selection dropdown as well as the basic rate per hour, referring to the amount charged.
- Once all this information has been filled in, click 'Save' to apply it.
- When you have created your labour rate, you can then adjust it using the "Advanced labour rates" option. This feature allows you to be far more specific about at what time during the day or week you wish to charge certain amounts. If you have 'out of office' hours charged differently or even different rates for weekend work, these can all be added here.