Purpose: Job descriptions are a vital part of the commusoft system. They allow you to setup job workflows, service reminders, skills, etc, as well as how the system helps automate jobs and processes. This reduces the amount of time it takes to setup jobs, assign users to jobs, and schedule them in the diary.
- Go to system settings > Job descriptions.
- To add a job description, tap on ‘Add job description’.
- Add a label for the job description, the time to complete, the price that appears within the online portal. You have checkboxes here to make them appear in the customer login portal or the website integration. You may assign a colour on the diary to help better identify your descriptions.
Editing Job descriptions
- To edit, click on edit. From here you will be able to alter the entry and re-save.
Deleting Job descriptions
- To delete entries, click on delete. To delete in Commusoft you must type delete and tap confirm in the pop-up module. If you are unable to delete an entry, you will be given a reason why.
Configuration of a job description - Job Template
- You can add job notes that will appear on the description as need be. These can be instructions for your engineer, notes about the job description you may want to be seen every job, etc.
- You can assign skills here as well, this helps the system recognize which engineers should be assigned to the job, and if they do not have the skill, you will be given a notification during the job creation process.
- If there is a quoted amount or an amount you wish to be assigned to the job, enter it here as well.
- If you have service reminders setup and want to assign them to your job descriptions, you may do so here in the 3 categories available.
- Assign an invoice category here and a priority level as well. Should you want the job to automatically schedule into the diary after creation, you can indicate that via the checkbox.
Configuration of a job description - Mobile experience
- You can set your arrival workflow questions here as well, you can choose them via the dropdown, then if you need to default them, you may do so here.
- Job arrive workflows work at the beginning of the job when an engineer arrives on site.
- You may set your job report questions here as well, these are questions answered by an engineer when leaving or finishing a job on site. You may also default which ones you want to appear in the description, as well as remove them via the dropdown and columns.
Configuration of a job description - Invoicing
- You may set your pricing items here, and the number of minutes included. Should you need to, check the box to carry time forward.
- Labour rates can be set by going into the dropdown and selecting your rate.
- You can set rules to automatically invoice here as well. Tap ‘add invoice rule’.
- This will bring up the module to select a customer type, rule, description. You can then set your invoice breakdown, category, the user group it’s assigned to, whether to email or not, and the default nominal code when invoicing.
- Once you have finished setting up your invoice rules, hit ‘Save’.