This setting was previously called: Set up advanced online booking portal
Purpose: With our advanced website booking portal, you can use a snippet of code generated through Commusoft to embed a button on your own website allowing your customers to book in their jobs from there. They will be able to choose the type of job and a time slot (provided you have assisted scheduling and your job descriptions set up within Commusoft) without needing to call or email. This will automatically add the job to your Commusoft system as well.
Please note: The portal will take into account the overlap settings clients have setup on their diary settings. If you notice jobs are being booked over other events, check to see if your overlap settings are turned on in Profile button > Settings > Diary settings >Overlap events.
- In order to set this up, go to the 'Online portal' section of your system settings and click 'Set up advanced online booking portal':
- This will take you to a settings page where you can click 'Generate HTML' to generate the necessary code, you can then click 'copy' to copy it to your clipboard.
- The next step involved you or a web designer creating a button to use this HTML link for and placing it on your own website.
- When your customers click this, it will take them to an online booking form through which they can choose the specifics of the job they wish to create. This includes adding their personal details, any specific details about the issue, confirming the price as well as the ability to add any images associated with the job as well.
- The customer can choose the best time slot for them and the job will be added to the diary automatically.
- Once the job has been booked, you will receive a notification in Commusoft and it will have been added to the appropriate slot in your diary as well.
In order for this functionality to work, there are a number of prerequisite settings that will need to have been configured within Commusoft first:
- Ensure you have skills and shifts patterns set up for your engineers. This will ensure that the job will go to someone both available and with the correct skillset to carry out the job.
- Ensure you have the correct skills also applied to the appropriate job descriptions. This can be done when setting up your job descriptions themselves and can also be added to existing job descriptions by editing them.
- When setting up your job descriptions, also make sure to check the box for 'Appear in website integration'. This can also be done after the fact for existing job descriptions by editing them.
- You will also have to make sure that the correct price is associated with your job descriptions.