Consolidated invoicing refers to the ability to send multiple invoices as one single invoice to your customers. This means that you can invoice for multiple jobs in one instance rather than having multiple records, these will then be split and displayed separately in your profit report.
Please note -- these can only be created for customer invoice addresses.
- You can access the 'Consolidated invoicing' setting through your customers' profiles by clicking into 'Quick links' and selecting it from the financial section:
- From the following page, you will have to, as usual, add a description for your invoice as well as an invoice number. You can check the invoice date and the 'Payment due on' date from here as well:
- Beneath this information, you will have a table listing all the jobs (as long as they are open) that are available to be added to this invoice.
- You can use the filters to refine the table to display only the jobs you wish to have on this invoice:
- The required fields are marked as an asterisk. You will need to enter values for the 'Total price' if the column is blank.
- This will provide you with a grand total at the bottom of the invoice. Once this has been completed, click 'Save'. If you wish to save this as a draft invoice, click into 'Advanced options':
- You can also choose whether or not to send this via email to the customer using the check box at the bottom of the page - this will only be available if the customer has an email address saved against their account:
- Once you hit save, you will be presented a dialogue box to confirm that you wish to raise this as a final invoice. Doing so will cancel any future diary events associated with jobs that have been added, so ensure you check that all the jobs are ready to be invoiced in this way.
- This invoice will appear in your history alongside other invoices, there will be a marker noting that it contains multiple invoices within it, similar to how 'free of charge' jobs have this indicated:
- Clicking 'View' will open this invoice (with a single invoice number) and allow you to view all of the jobs that have been consolidated into it.