A customer type can be a private customer, company, estate agent, or anyone that you will carry out works for. Commusoft provides you with default customer types, but if you deal with different types such as builders or housing associations, you might want to set these up as distinctive customer types. You can add to this list at any time.
- In order to add to this list, open your system settings and from the 'Customer information' section, click 'Customer types'.
- You will see a form on the left-hand side and a list of existing customer types on the right-hand side. You can add your new customer type on the left and it will appear on the right when you click 'Save'
- Click 'Edit' next to the customer type you wish to make changes to. You will see a page where you can edit the information and a space to name the customer type. Change this information as required and click 'Save customer type'.
- You can also simply click, drag, and drop the customer types to reorder the way in which they appear.
- Click 'Delete' next to the customer type you wish to remove. To confirm you wish to delete this item you will need to type 'delete' into the box, then click Delete once more.
- If you want to move a customer type from page 2 to the top of the list, then change the number of customer types showing per page to 10 or more (depending on how many customer types you have).