Add a Vehicle Tracker to a User
GPS Vehicle Tracker Installation and User Configuration (Truphone)
- Applies to device purchased after 2018
- Ensure you record the IMEI number on the device prior to installing it in the vehicle.
- The devices come pre-configured and with the sim card installed.
- You must assign the device to a user.
- Installation of the devices is your responsibility and not a service Commusoft provide.
Installing the device into the vehicle
2G Self Installed (MCX101) These devices come with the SIM card installed and are preconfigured devices simply plug into the OBD2 port in the vehicle and go to step 1 below. You may need to purchase an OBD2 16-pin Male to Female extension cable to prevent protrusion.
4G Self-Installed (FMM001) These devices come with the SIM card installed and are preconfigured devices simply plug into the OBD2 port in the vehicle and go to step 1 below. You may need to purchase an OBD2 16-pin Male to Female extension cable to prevent protrusion.
4G Hard Wired (FMM920) These devices come with the SIM card installed and are preconfigured devices that will need to be professionally installed in order to hardwire them to the vehicle as per the manufacturer's website.
1. Settings > Users > click 'View' next to the user you are assigning the vehicle tracker to.
2. Click 'Quick links' > Click 'Configure GPS device'.
3. Select Teltonika FMB001_Preconfigured from the dropdown.
4. Select the IMEI number from the dropdown box which you are assigning to this user. The dropdown will be populated with the trackers assigned to your Commusoft account.
5. Press 'Save', once the tracker is configured it will display on the map, this can take a few hours for the initial set-up and requires a trip to be completed in the vehicle.
Delete a Vehicle Tracker to a User
You can delete a tracker from a user (including driving history) or transfer a tracker (including driving history) to a different user.
- Configure GPS device - Used when adding a new device or deleting an existing one.
- Transfer GPS device - Used when transferring a device, retaining the driver history
How do I assign an existing tracker to a different user?
You may need to assign a tracker between to a different user, for example, if an employee has left.
To move a tracker and delete the previous driver history:
1. Profile icon > Settings > Users > Users > View user (who the device is currently assigned to) > Quick links.
2. Configure GPS device > Take a copy of the tracker details
3. Delete - This will immediately delete the associated tracking history from Commusoft and is irreversible.
4. Go back Company Settings > Users > View user (who you will be assigning the device to) > Configure GPS device > Enter the details you copied down in step 2 > Save > Device Status should show Active
Moving a tracker between users and transferring history
In the event that you wish to move a tracker between users and also transfer the driving history, you should use the 'Transfer GPS device' option. You may prefer this option if moving trackers is to rectify a mistake during setup. Clicking on 'Transfer GPS device' from the quick links menu will display the screen below.
This screen shows you the current user and their tracker details. On the right-hand side, you can choose from the dropdown list which user you would like to transfer the vehicle tracker and driving history to. If a user already has a tracker assigned to them, they will not be displayed in this list - you would first need to delete or transfer their current tracker. Once you have chosen the intended user and are ready, click 'Transfer'.