You can delete a tracker from a user (including driving history) or transfer a tracker (including driving history) to a different user.
- Configure GPS device - Used when adding a new device or deleting an existing one.
- Transfer GPS device - Used when transferring a device, retaining the driver history
How do I assign an existing tracker to a different user?
You may need to assign a tracker between to a different user, for example, if an employee has left.
To move a tracker and delete the previous driver history:
1. Profile icon > Settings > Users > Users > View user (who the device is currently assigned to) > Quick links
2. Configure GPS device > Take a copy of the tracker details
3. Delete - This will immediately delete the associated tracking history from Commusoft and is irreversible.
4. Go back Company Settings > Users > View user (who you will be assigning the device to) > Configure GPS device > Enter the details you copied down in step 2 > Save > Device Status should show Active
Moving a tracker between users and transferring history
In the event that you wish to move a tracker between users and also transfer the driving history, you should use the 'Transfer GPS device' option. You may prefer this option if moving trackers is to rectify a mistake during setup. Clicking on 'Transfer GPS device' from the quick links menu will display the screen below.
This screen shows you the current user and their tracker details. On the right-hand side, you can choose from the dropdown list which user you would like to transfer the vehicle tracker and driving history to. If a user already has a tracker assigned to them, they will not be displayed in this list - you would first need to delete or transfer their current tracker. Once you have chosen the intended user and are ready, click 'Transfer'.