Purpose: Your customers can pay an invoice straight from a link within their email. This helps reduce admin time and helps invoke trust in your payment processing and accounting for your customers. You can provide custom messages that help your customer pay quicker and understand how to use this feature better.
- This feature does not work unless the card integration has been set up in your Commusoft system. Please refer to the below guides to set up the card integration.
- Customized links can be set up using [invoice_portal_url: YOUR MESSAGE HERE]. Examples are below within the instructions.
Use credit card integration
Credit Card Details
Worldpay Integration Guide
Stripe Integration Guide
Setting up the payment portal:
- Go to system settings > Invoicing > Invoice email message. If you’re using invoicing within Commusoft, this is most likely already set up.
- To insert a portal link, click on the ‘Use tagging’ button and add the tag [invoice_portal_url].
- To add a portal with a URL message. You’ll want to fill it out as [invoice_portal_url: Please click here to pay your invoice!]
Emailing an invoice portal URL
- When sending out an email for invoicing, you will see your portal URL tag completely filled out, with the message you added, if any. The link will be available for your customer upon emailing.