Skills are the qualifications and specialities that your engineers may have. This can help you categorise the kinds of jobs best suited to them as well as making assigning jobs easier.
- In order to create skills that you can assign to your engineers, use the 'Skills' option under 'Users' in your system settings.
- From here, you can create a list of skills that you can then apply using the 'Skills' dropdown in your engineers' profiles.
- When you're setting up a job, you can also attach any skills that would be necessary to complete it:
- If the engineer you have assigned the job to does not have the required skills to complete it, the system will inform you and you can select someone else (or adjust their profile if need be).
You can also see which skills are associated with a user through their individual profiles. As well as adding or removing skills from here.
- Go to your company settings, scroll down to the 'Users' section and open the list of your existing users.
- From here, click 'View' into whichever profile you wish to check.
- In the 'Business Details' section, you will be able to see which skills are currently assigned to the user. Click 'Edit business details' in the top right in order to add more skills directly to their profile.
With regards to setting up skills for your users, please be aware you will need to be on our 'Go paperless' plan or above to access this feature.