If you've been using Commusoft and Sage Line 50/Instant independently then you will have the same customers/suppliers in both systems. The problem with this is that there is no link between these customer/supplier records and therefore when importing data from Commusoft to Sage Line 50/Instant, Commusoft will create a new customer/supplier record in Sage Instant/line 50. This duplication isn't ideal.
To avoid this, you can use the steps below:
Getting the customer/supplier ID
- To link existing customers/suppliers from Sage Line 50/Instant to customers in Commusoft, you will first need the ID of the customer/supplier in Sage Line 50/Instant.
- Click on the customer/supplier from your customer/supplier list.
- The customer/supplier ID is displayed in a box labelled A/C. Copy this, as this number will be used to link the customer/supplier between Commusoft and Sage Line 50/Instant.
- Open your system settings, Then click 'Accounting interfaces':
- Then you will see your accounting integration dashboard. Click 'Quick links' then 'Link customers and suppliers'.
- You will see a page with all of your customers/suppliers on. Paste the code into the Accounting reference column.
- Repeat for all customers/suppliers.
It is worth noting that for this to work, the following information must be correct (and copied exactly) in both instances: Customer name, Accounting reference (thrid party accounting reference in Commusoft), and the Customer's email address.
Go back to: Sage Line 50/Instant Overview