Please read the overview article before completing these steps: Sage Accounting: Overview
If you've been using Commusoft and Sage Accounting independently then you will have the same customers/suppliers in both systems. The problem is that there is no link between these customer/supplier records and therefore when importing data from Commusoft to Sage Accounting, Commusoft will create a new customer/supplier record in Sage Accounting. This duplication isn't ideal.
To avoid this you need to 'tell Commusoft' that the customer/supplier already exists in Sage Accounting. To do this you need to get the customer/supplier ID number from Sage Accounting and tell Commusoft to associate the customer/supplier with this number.
Get customer/supplier ID
To link existing customers/suppliers from Sage Accounting to customers/suppliers in Commusoft, you will first need the ID of the customer/supplier in Sage Accounting.
Click on the customer/supplier from your customer/supplier list.
The customer/supplier ID is displayed in the URL. Copy this as this number will be used to link the customer/supplier between Commusoft and Sage Accounting.
- Log into Commusoft and open your company settings.
- Scroll down to 'Integrations' then select 'Accounting interfaces'.
- Then you will see your accounting integration dashboard. Click 'Quick links' then 'Link customers and suppliers'.
- You will see a page with all of your customers/suppliers on. Paste the code into the Accounting reference column.
- Repeat for all customers/suppliers.
Go back to: Sage Accounting: Overview