Please read the overview article before completing these steps: Xero: Overview
If you've been using Commusoft and Xero independently then you will have the same customers/suppliers in both systems. The problem is that there is no link between these customer/supplier records and therefore when importing data from Commusoft to Xero, Commusoft will create a new customer/supplier record in Xero. This duplication isn't ideal.
To avoid this you need to 'tell Commusoft' that the customer/supplier already exists in Xero. To do this you need to get the customer/supplier name number from Xero and tell Commusoft to associate the customer/supplier with this name.
To link existing customers/suppliers from Xero to customers/suppliers in Commusoft, you will first need the name of the customer in Xero.
Open your list of customers/suppliers to have them as reference when you're completing this step
- Next login to Commusoft and click the settings icon in the top right corner and click Company settings
- Then click Accounting interfaces
- Then you will see your accounting integration dashboard. Click Quick links then Link customers and suppliers
- You will see a page with all of your customers/suppliers on. Click into the final column and search for the customer. Please note the customer will only appear if you search for it exactly how it is entered in Xero.
e.g If you have Mr Smith, you will need to make sure you type Smith, not smith
- Repeat for all customers/suppliers
Go back to: Xero: Overview