Please read the overview article before completing these steps: Xero: Overview
If you've been using Commusoft and Xero independently then you will have the same customers or suppliers in both systems.
- The problem is that there is no link between these customer or supplier records and therefore when importing data from Commusoft to Xero, Commusoft will create a new customer or supplier record in Xero. This duplication isn't ideal.
- To avoid this you need to 'tell Commusoft' that the customer or supplier already exists in Xero. To do this you need to get the customer or supplier name number from Xero and tell Commusoft to associate the customer or supplier with this name.
Get customer or supplier:
- To link existing customers or suppliers from Xero to customers or suppliers in Commusoft, you will first need the name of the customer in Xero.
- Open your list of customers or suppliers to have them as a reference when you're completing this step.
Link customers or suppliers:
- Next login to Commusoft and go to your company settings, scroll down and click 'Accounting interfaces'.
- Then you will see your accounting integration dashboard. Open 'Quick links' then 'Link customers and suppliers'.
- You will see a page with all of your customers or suppliers on. Click into the final column (account reference) and paste in the link code (found in the URL of the Xero page for the customer in question).
- Repeat this for all customers or suppliers.