Purpose: A role is a user category within the system. Depending on which role you choose, when setting up a user, you will give them different levels of access to Commusoft itself. It is important that you understand what each user role has access to.
Below are various user roles along with their respective privileges:
- Engineer - This user has the most basic access to the system, only what is required for them to view and complete the jobs that they are assigned. They cannot edit their own diaries.
- Engineer with diary - This user has the same permissions as a standard engineer but with the added ability to add to their own diary if need be.
- Engineer with invoice - This is a standard engineer with the ability to add to their own diary as well as being able to create invoices and estimates.
- Senior engineer - This user is a standard engineer with the ability to edit everyone’s diary and to create invoices and estimates.
- Office staff - This user is a standard member of the office staff. This person will generally create and manage jobs and general office work. They can also raise invoices and manage customers but have limited access to reporting areas.
- Financial office staff - This user is a standard member of the financial office staff. This person will generally create and manage jobs and invoices, with more extensive reporting features.
- Owner/manager - These users have full access to all of Commusoft's features.
(Read more on how to edit a users access here)