You can add invoices from the desktop in order to receive payment from a customer/work address for the job.
Draft invoices can be used for the following:
- If you want your staff to create invoices but you want to check before it gets sent.
- If you want to check the invoice before it goes to your accounting package.
- If you want to come back to the invoice at a later date to make changes.
How to add a draft invoice:
- Use the search bar to locate the customer/work address you want to add an invoice for and open their profile.
- In the 'Ongoing work' section click View on your chosen job.
- You can now see all of the details related to that job, including its overview, diary events and parts.
- Click invoices at the top of the page and then 'Add new invoice' on the right-hand side.
- Fill in the details of the invoice.
- Once you have completed the form, click 'Advanced options' at the bottom of the page, and tick the box to mark the invoice as a draft. Click 'Save' in the bottom right corner to create the invoice.
Converting draft invoices to 'Active'
You will be able to convert a draft invoice to an active one easily. Once the invoice has been saved as a draft, you will see a banner on the page inviting you to 'Convert draft invoice to invoice':
- You will be asked to confirm this action before the draft is converted. Type 'Save' into the dialogue box and click 'Save draft as invoice'.
- You can also delete the invoice whilst in its draft stage by using the 'Quick links' dropdown menu:
- Please note, you cannot recover it once deleted and you would have to create the invoice (draft) from scratch once more. You can, however, re-save the draft as an invoice if you have not yet sent it off.
- The edit button next to the 'Invoice breakdown' will allow you to make any amendments you need to before converting the invoice.