This step can be necessary when we make updates to the system. When you visit a website, your browser tries to speed up the loading process for next time by saving bundles of data, which are stored in your cache. Commusoft receives regular updates and when your cache is not cleared regularly this can prevent the software from working properly or not displaying updates which we have made available. Cookies can also be cleared if you wish, however, the cache is more important to clear.
Please note -- We highly recommend using Google Chrome rather than other web browsers.
Quick clear of the cache (Google Chrome)
- Open Chrome. Right-click the page, then click 'Inspect'.
Then, right-click on the reload button on the top left of the page and click 'Empty Cache and Hard Reload'.
- Then make sure you close the Inspect panel by clicking the cross in the top right.
To clear your full cache, please follow these instructions:
- Open Chrome. In the top right, click the Menu icon (below)
- Click 'More tools' and then 'Clear browsing data'.
- In the dialogue that appears, select the tick boxes as shown below (plus any extras you want to remove). Chrome have recently released an update, so your screen may still look like this:
- Or like this (you must clear the cache from the basic section, and the advanced section:
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select 'All time' to delete everything and click 'Clear data'.
- Click Safari in the upper left-hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click 'Preferences'.
- In the window that appears, click the 'Privacy' tab. Click the button 'Remove All Website Data...'
- Click Remove Now in the pop-up window that appears.
- From the
Alt'to make it visible.
menu, select 'Clear Recent History'. If the menu bar is hidden, press '
- From the time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select everything.
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
- Click 'Clear Now'.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- Click Tools/Settings and choose 'Internet options'.
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click 'Delete'.
- Un-check the 'Preserve Favourites website data' box.
- Check the temporary internet files and history boxes.
- Click 'Delete'.
- When finished, click 'OK' to return to your Internet Explorer window.
- Close Internet Explorer and re-open.