In order to prevent a failed import, you must make sure that your data is clean. This means that you must make sure that all data is valid and correct.
Important things to note
- If you do not have a value in the title column Commusoft will automatically use the first title in your list (located in system settings).
- The date needs to be in the yyyy-mm-dd format, e.g 2016-04-21. If the format is incorrect or if you do not provide a date, the file will fail to import.
- You will need to edit your data and remove any commas. You can do this by using find and replace with a blank. This will ensure the correct alignment of your information and ensure your data conforms to CSV standard.
- It does not matter which order the information is provided in. When you import your data it will ask you to specify what each column is.
- It is important to check that the information you've uploaded has been correctly imported. Commusoft will not take any responsibility for the content and quality of any imported data.
- The import may take a few minutes depending on the size of your file.
The excel spreadsheet can have the following columns as listed in the table below.
|Type||The type of customer you are importing. i.e Private customer, company, estate agent||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Title*||This is the customer's title i.e. Mr, Mrs, Miss.||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Name||The first name of the private customer|
|Surname*||The surname of the private customer||Is a required field (or company name is required)|
|Company name*||The company name||Is a required field (or surname is required)|
|Address 1*||The first address line of the property||Is a required field, and must be unique|
|Address 2||The second address line of the property|
|Address 3||The third address line of the property|
|Town||Town where the property is located|
|County||County where the property is located|
|Postcode||Postcode of the property|
|Telephone||Customer’s landline number|
|Mobile||Customer’s mobile number||Must be a mobile number (valid for SMS use)|
|Customer’s email address||Must be a valid email address|
|Advertising type||The type of advertising the customer used to 'find' you||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Building type||The type of building the property is||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Vacant property||Is the property vacant?||Yes/no|
|Accounting reference||The customer’s account number in your accounting software (only required if you have signed up to our accounting interface)|
|Service reminder name1||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Service reminder date1||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Service reminder name2||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Service reminder date2||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Notes||This is a general note|