In order to prevent a failed import, you must make sure that your data is clean. This means that you must make sure that all data is valid and correct.
The file will fail to import if:
- Surname/Company and Address line 1 are empty.
- You have Titles, Service reminders, Advertising types that do not exist in Commusoft.
- An email address is invalid.
- If the addresses are not unique (i.e. address line 1,2,3, town, postcode are the same). This includes N/A.
- If you have properties in the CSV that already exist in Commusoft, they will be updated. The address line 1 and surname need to be identical in order for records to be updated, rather than added.
Important things to note
- If you do not have a value in the title column Commusoft will automatically place Mr into this field.
- The date needs to be in the yyyy-mm-dd format, e.g 2016-04-21. If the format is incorrect or if you do not provide a date, Commusoft will put the current date in the field.
- You will need to edit your data and remove any commas. You can do this by using find and replace with a blank. This will ensure the correct alignment of your information and ensure your data conforms to CSV standard.
- It does not matter which order the information is provided in. When you import your data it will ask you to specify what each column is.
- It does not matter if you have any information missing we will just import what you give us.
- It is important to check that the information you've uploaded has been correctly imported. Commusoft will not take any responsibility for the content and quality of any imported data.
- The import may take a few minutes depending on the size of your file.
- If you have more than 1 property with the same address line 1 the import will take 1 of these records. e.g if you had row 2 and 65 with 15 Demo road, then only row 65 would import.
The excel spreadsheet can have the following columns as listed in the table below.
|Type||The type of customer you are importing. i.e Private customer, company, estate agent||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Title*||This is the customer's title i.e. Mr, Mrs, Miss.||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Name||The first name of the private customer|
|Surname*||The surname of the private customer||Is a required field (or company name is required)|
|Company name*||The company name||Is a required field (or surname is required)|
|Address 1*||The first address line of the property||Is a required field, and must be unique|
|Address 2||The second address line of the property|
|Address 3||The third address line of the property|
|Town||Town where the property is located|
|County||County where the property is located|
|Postcode||Postcode of the property|
|Telephone||Customer’s landline number|
|Mobile||Customer’s mobile number||Must be a mobile number (valid for SMS use)|
|Customer’s email address||Must be a valid email address|
|Advertising type||The type of advertising the customer used to 'find' you||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Building type||The type of building the property is||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Vacant property||Is the property vacant?||Yes/no|
|Accounting reference||The customer’s account number in your accounting software (only required if you have signed up to our accounting interface)|
|Service reminder name1||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Service reminder date1||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Service reminder name2||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings.|
|Service reminder date2||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Notes||This is a general note|