The letterhead that you create for your company will be sent out to your clients in your outbound communications such as invoices. Branding your letterhead has the immediate benefit of making your content and communication instantly recognisable and memorable particularly on important documentation such as invoices and service reminders, etc.
Please note -- If you are uploading a full header or footer, the header or footer image dimensions must be 2000 x 350 pixels. Please ensure you are uploading a file in an image format such as .png or .jpg rather than a PDF or word document.
- Under ‘Company settings’, you will see the option to ‘Create letterheads’ in the ‘General settings’ section.
- Once here, you will be presented with a templated letterhead (considering your company details have been entered and are up to date).
- If you've already got a letterhead you'd like to upload rather than creating one within Commusoft, select the option 'I have a full letterhead image' and then 'Click to upload file' will allow you to do so:
- You can make any amendments you need to from this page but always ensure you ‘Save’ any changes you make before leaving the page.
- You can attach a number of images to this template. There are also more specific amendments you can make to specific sections such as the ‘Header’, ‘Footer, and ‘Printer margins’. With these, you can do things like choosing a full letterhead image or attaching a logo if you have one ready to use.
(Use the presented options to adjust and amend things like margins or padding in order to achieve the design you want)
- There are also options to manipulate margin sizes and body padding as well as informing the system whether you will be printing onto paper that already has a header or footer attached. This can be a little tricky to navigate, so take your time adjusting these visual elements before saving your letterhead:
- If you are not happy with the way the design looks after you've amended these settings, you can always re-edit it to achieve the look you're after.
- There aren’t any settings necessarily related (directly) to the letterhead though it is certainly worth bearing in mind that most of the external communication sent out from your system will be done so in the format of this template.