- In order to add an invoice to a job, first, use the search bar to locate the job you wish to invoice. Go to the 'Invoices' tab.
- From here, you can create a new invoice using the button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select what kind of invoice you'd like to raise and fill in the necessary information (the asterisked fields are compulsory). Once this is done, scroll down to the bottom and hit 'Save'.
What do the different areas of the page mean?
This is where you can type the description of the invoice. i.e boiler install.
- You can copy this from the job description by clicking 'Copy from job'.
- You can add more details to the invoice with more information for the customer.
- You can edit the date of the invoice - this automatically sets to the date from your computer
- You can select how you want the invoice organised:
- No breakdown: One line item with the total price.
- Breakdown by category: Split the invoice by labour and parts.
- Full breakdown: Split the invoice into individual line items.
- Full breakdown by category: Split the invoice into line items, grouped by category (labour/parts).
This is where you will add the price/items to the invoice. Click in the fields and enter the information as required. You can use your keyboard to toggle through the spreadsheet quickly by using enter to go into the next column. If there is a drop-down, use the up/down arrows to navigate through the list, then press enter to select it.
Is there a way to pre-fill the line items?
Yes, you can do this using pricing items. These can be set up in your system settings.
You can also add labour and parts from the job to the invoice by clicking 'Add line items to invoice', and select them from the side panel that appears. Please note that parts must be in 'installed' status for them to appear here.