Watch a quick video showing you how to add an invoice, and scroll down for more information
What do the different areas of the page mean?
You will see two large buttons at the top of the page. Here you can select whether the invoice is a partial invoice, or a final invoice.
- Partial invoice: This is used for when you are creating multiple invoices for one job. e.g if you want to take a deposit
- Final invoice: This invoice will be the final invoice and will amount to the total cost of the job
This is where you can type the description of the invoice. i.e boiler install. You can copy this from the job description by clicking Copy from job
You can add more details to the invoice with more information for the customer.
You can edit the date of the invoice - this automatically sets to the date from your computer
You can select how you want the invoice organised:
- No breakdown: One line item with total price
- Breakdown by category: Split the invoice by labour and parts
- Full breakdown: Split the invoice into individual line items
- Full breakdown by category: Split the invoice into line items, grouped by category (labour/parts)
This is where you will add the price/items to the invoice
Click in the fields and enter the information as required. You can use your keyboard to toggle through the spreadsheet quickly by using enter to go into the next column. If there is a drop-down, use the up/down arrows to navigate through the list, then press enter to select it.
Is there a way to pre-fill the line items?
Yes, you can do this using Pricing items. These can be setup in System settings.
Also, you can add labour and parts from the job to the invoice by clicking Add line items to invoice, and select them from the side panel that appears. Please note that parts must be in 'installed' status for them to appear here