Purpose: Adding an invoice to a job involves creating a document that outlines the details of the services provided, along with the associated costs. It serves as a formal request for payment from the customer.
Add new Invoice
In order to add an invoice to a job, use the search bar to locate the job you wish to invoice. Go to the 'Invoices' tab and click 'Add new invoice'.
Select the invoice type you'd like to raise and fill in the necessary information (the asterisked fields are compulsory). Once this is done, scroll down to the bottom and hit 'Save Invoice'.
This is where you can type the description of the invoice. i.e boiler install.
- You can copy this from the job description by clicking 'Copy from job'.
- You can add more details to the invoice with more information for the customer.
- You can edit the date of the invoice - this automatically sets to the date from your computer
- You can select how you want the invoice organized:
- No breakdown: One line item with the total price.
- Breakdown by category: Split the invoice by labor and parts.
- Full breakdown: Split the invoice into individual line items.
- Full breakdown by category: Split the invoice into line items, grouped by category (labor/parts).
This is where you will add the price/items to the invoice. Click in the fields and enter the information as required. You can use your keyboard to toggle through the spreadsheet quickly by using enter to go into the next column. If there is a drop-down, use the up/down arrows to navigate through the list, then press enter to select it.
Is there a way to pre-fill the line items?
Yes, you can do this using pricing items. These can be set up in your system settings.
You can also add labor and parts from the job to the invoice by clicking 'Add line items to invoice'.
Select them from the side panel that appears. Please note that parts must be in 'installed' status for them to appear here.