Purpose: If a customer no longer requires your services, or you decide not to continue working with them, you’ll need to keep the property history for your records. By marking a customer as 'Do not work with again,' you will no longer be able to use the 'Add new job/estimate/opportunity' buttons. Additionally, changing the status to ‘Dormant’ will disable automatic communications, like active service reminders.
You can utilise this option instead of merging customers. For instance, when a customer changes their address and you want to preserve the original customer record.
- 'Do not work with again' will disable 'Add new job/estimate/opportunity' buttons
- Marking a customer as 'Dormant' will automatically mark all work addresses as 'Dormant'
- Service reminders on dormant properties will not send automatically and are removed from the ‘View all service reminders’ list.
- Invoices can be raised on existing open jobs for deactivated customers
- The important note is pinned to the property dashboard
- Click on a pinned note on property dashboard to go directly to note in Communications timeline
Deactivate a customer
- Navigate to property dashboard > Communications > Add record > Add new note
- Complete note details, including why the customer will no longer be worked with
- Toggle ‘Important’ box > Toggle ‘Do not work with again’ box > Save
- Edit property > Status > Dormant > Save
Reactivate a customer
- Navigate to property dashboard > Click pinned ‘Important’ note on dashboard
- Edit > Toggle ‘Do not work with again’ box > Toggle ‘Important’ box > Save
- Delete > Type delete > Delete
- Edit property > Status > Active > Save