Deleting a user should only be done when you are absolutely certain you want them off the system. You can't recover a user after they have been deleted, you would have to recreate them if they were removed in error. You will also not be able to delete a user if they still have future diary events to be completed associated with them - these will need to be actioned (completed or removed) before the user can be removed from Commusoft.
If you delete an engineer, their name will be removed from the diary, however, their diary events such as jobs, estimates, history will still remain with that user. The user timesheet report will still be available for this user even after they have been deleted. If the user uses the mobile app, it will no longer sync with the system. Their mobile app will be unusable.
- In order to delete a user permanently from Commusoft, go to your company settings and scroll down to 'Users' to bring up the list of your company users.
- Select the one you wish to delete. Once in their profile, click into 'Quick links' and select 'Delete user'.
- You will have to confirm you wish to delete the user by typing 'Delete' into the dialogue box and click 'Delete' to remove them.
- The user will no longer be able to log in. They can be viewed on 'deleted users', however, you can't edit details or recover this user.
- Once a user has been deleted you will no longer be charged for this user, unless you are contracted to a certain amount. If you are unsure of the price implications, contact our support team for clarification.