The diary is where all user events, engineer estimates and jobs are organised and viewed.
Anyone who views the diary will be able to see where an engineer is, when he/she should complete a task, and what tasks they have to do at which time.
You can easily add an event to the diary.
Watch a quick video showing you how to add an event
Or read how to add an event
- Click Diary on the navigation bar
- You can view the diary in different ways by using the tabs on the top right. To add an event to a specific time, it is easier to use the daily and weekly views because they have times of the day on the left of the page. To add an all-day event, it is easier to use two weekly or monthly views
- Once you have chosen a diary view. You can now select an engineer/date/time for the event.
find the engineer/date/time for the event
click on the time you want the event to start,
hold the mouse button,
drag the mouse to the time you want the event to finish,
release the mouse button when you are happy with the time/date/engineer for the event.
- If you wish to create a morning or afternoon event click the AM or PM sections at the top of the daily view.
To create an all-day event, Click, hold, and drag from the top of AM down to the bottom of PM, then release the mouse button
- When you release your mouse button a sidebar will open on the right of the page. This is where you use the tabs, forms, and drop downs to create your event
- Navigate through the tabs across the top of the 'Add new event' sidebar
- Fill in the form with the relevant information. Click Save and the new event will appear in the diary.
Or continue reading this article to see the different types of events:
- Normal - This will allow you to type a description and notes without choosing a property, or template. This means you can use this to remind the engineer of their annual progress meeting, or that they have the afternoon off for example
- Estimate - This is the form you will use when adding an estimate to the diary. It will give you all the relevant spaces to put the details the engineer will need
- Job - This is the form you will use when adding a job to the diary. It will give you all the relevant spaces to put the details the engineer will need
- Fill in the form with the relevant information. Click Save and the new event will appear in the diary