Nominal accounts are used to split invoices and charges into separate groups i.e parts, labour, office expenses etc. This is useful to collate how much money your company receives or spends in different areas. You can amend this list at any time.
- In order to add a new nominal account, first, open your system settings. From the 'General settings' section, click 'Nominal accounts'.
- You will see a form on the left-hand side and a list of existing nominal accounts on the right-hand side. You can add your new nominal account on the left and it will appear on the right when you click 'Save'.
- The 'Third-party accounting code' will be available from an accounting package like Xero or Sage. These are often embedded in the URL of the relevant page within the accounting app itself, but if you need help locating one, please contact support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You can make amendments to these easily by clicking 'Edit' next to the nominal account you wish to change. You will see a page where you can edit the information by using dropdown options, and a space to name the nominal account. Change this information as required and click 'Save nominal account'.
- Simply click, drag, and drop the nominal accounts if you want to reorder the way they appear in dropdowns. If you want to move a nominal account from page 2 to the top of the list, then change the number of nominal accounts showing per page to 10 or more (depending on how many nominal accounts you have).
- Click 'Delete' next to a nominal account you wish to remove. To confirm you wish to delete this item you will need to type 'delete' into the box, then click once more.