You can bulk upload customers to the Commusoft system. This can be achieved by importing a CSV file. Bulk uploading your customers’ information saves you the time of having to input them all individually. This means that you can upload up to 5,000 at one time (please note that you would not be able to upload any more than this in one spreadsheet).
- If you’d like to see how to add customers individually, you can see that article here.
- If you are integrating with an accounts package please check the required steps before starting to import your customers.
- First, open ‘Company settings’, from the ‘General settings’ section select ‘Importing data’.
- You’ll need to create a spreadsheet in CSV format in order to import your information. You can do this in Excel or Google sheets (you can see a list of the required and available column headings here, included in our guide to cleaning your data).
- This will take you to the 'Import customer” page. There are a number of steps listed here to help you when uploading your spreadsheet, as well as a checkbox to let the system know if you have included a title row of your own to avoid confusion.
- You will need to select the appropriate headings corresponding to the columns you’ve included, although the system may recognise and pick up on these (if Commusoft incorrectly titles a column you can just choose another).
- When you’re happy with the column headings just click ‘Save’ to begin the import. You will be redirected to the settings page and you’ll receive an email notification informing you that the import has taken place.