You can refund an entire credit note or you can refund part of a credit note if need be.
- Search for the appropriate customer.
- Open their profile and scroll to the bottom of the screen into the history section, find and click 'View' on the credit note you would like to refund.
- Click on 'Quick links' in the top right-hand corner. You will see a small section with more options. Click 'Refund remaining credit'.
- You will see a page where you can receive credit. Fill in the form as required.
- You can type the description of the credit note refund. i.e labour reduction.
- You can edit the date of the credit note refund.
- You can select the amount you would like to refund, this can be the partial or full amount.
- You can select the method of the credit note refund whether it is a credit card or direct debit.
Click 'Receive credit' when you are finished.
- If you go back to customer and history and scroll to the credit note you will see the credit note amount as well as the balance, which will tell you the amount of credit they have left. if you refund the whole amount of the credit note the balance will be £0.00. If you refund part of the credit note it will subtract this from the initial credit note raised and you will be left with the remainder as a balance.