In order to prevent a failed import, you must make sure that your data is clean. This means that you must make sure that all data is valid and correct.
The file will fail to import if:
- Surname/Company and Address line 1 are empty.
- You have Titles, Service reminders, Advertising types that do not exist in Commusoft.
- An email address is invalid.
- If the addresses are not unique (i.e. address line 1,2,3, town, postcode are same). This includes N/A.
- If you have properties in the CSV that already exist in the customer's profile, they will be updated. The address line 1 and surname need to be identical in order for records to be updated, rather than added.
- If you do not have a value in the title column Commusoft will automatically place 'Mr' into this field.
- Date needs to be in yyyy-mm-dd format, e.g 2016-04-21. If the format is incorrect or if you do not provide a date, the file will fail to upload.
- You will need to edit your data and remove any commas by using find and replace with a blank. This will ensure the correct alignment of your information and ensure your data conforms to CSV standard.
- It does not matter which order the information is provided in. When you import your data it will ask you to specify what each column is.
- It is important to check that the information you've uploaded has been correctly imported. Commusoft will not take any responsibility for the content and quality of any imported data.
- The import may take a few minutes depending on the size of your file.
- If you have more than 1 property with the same address line 1 the import will upload both of these records as long as the rest of the information is different/unique.
The excel spreadsheet can have the following columns as listed in the table below.
Both the Landlord and Property Title, Name, Surname, Address information, are combined in the table e.g Address 1 in column 1 applies to Landlord address line 1, and the property address line 1.
|Landlord title||This is the landlord's title i.e. Mr, Mrs, Miss.|
|Landlord name||The first name of the landlord|
|Landlord surname||The surname of the landlord|
|Landlord company name||The company name of the landlord|
|Landlord address line 1|
|Landlord address line 2|
|Landlord address line 3|
|Landlord postcode||Postcode of the landlord|
|Title||This is the customers' title i.e. Mr, Mrs, Miss.||Make sure that all are set up in system settings|
|Name||The first name of the landlord/Work address|
|Surname||The surname of the landlord/Work address|
|Company name||The company name of the customer|
|Telephone||Work address landline number|
|Mobile||Work address mobile number||Must be a mobile number (valid for SMS use)|
|Work address email address||Must be a valid email address|
|Postcode||Postcode of the property|
|Address line 1||The first address line of the landlord/property||Is a required field, and must be unique|
|Address line 2||The second address line of the landlord/property|
|Address line 3||The third address line of the landlord/property|
|Town||Town where the property is located|
|County||County where the property is located|
|Service reminder name 1||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings|
|Service reminder date 1||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Service reminder name 2||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings: Add service reminders|
|Service reminder date 2||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Notes||This is a general note|
|UPRN||Unique Property Reference Number|
|Job description||A brief explanation of the job itself.||If you have set a drop-down for job description it must be listed there|
|Notes for engineer||Any notes that are job-relevant|
|Customer reference||The customer's individual reference number/code|
|Is service||Must be 'yes' or 'no'|
|Type of service||Make sure that all are set up in system settings: Add service reminders|
|Priority||Must be from the list of 'priority' when booking a job (Important, Medium importance, Not important, Urgent)|
|Access communication||Must be from the list of 'access method' when booking a job (Communicate with work address, Agent has keys, We have keys, Landlord has keys, Unknown)|
When you have read and understood the above click here to import customers to Commusoft.