In order to prevent a failed import, you must make sure that your data is clean. This means that you must make sure that all data is valid and correct.
The file will fail to import if:
- Surname/Company and Address line 1 are empty.
- You have Titles, Service reminders, Advertising types that do not exist in Commusoft.
- An email address is invalid.
- If the addresses are not unique (i.e. address line 1,2,3, town, postcode are same). This includes N/A.
- If you have properties in the CSV that already exist in Commusoft, they will be updated. The address line 1 and surname need to be identical in order for records to be updated, rather than added.
- If you do not have a value in the title column Commusoft will automatically place Mr into this field.
- Date needs to be in yyyy-mm-dd format, e.g 2016-04-21. If the format is incorrect or if you do not provide a date, Commusoft will put the current date in the field.
- You will need to edit your data and remove any commas by using find and replace with a blank. This will ensure the correct alignment of your information and ensure your data conforms to CSV standard.
- It does not matter which order the information is provided in. When you import your data it will ask you to specify what each column is.
- It does not matter if you have any information missing we will just import what you give us.
- It is important to check that the information you've uploaded has been correctly imported. Commusoft will not take any responsibility for the content and quality of any imported data.
- The import may take a few minutes depending on the size of your file.
- If you have more than 1 property with the same address line 1 the import will take 1 of these records. e.g if you had row 2 and 65 with 15 Demo road, then only row 65 would import.
The excel spreadsheet can have the following columns as listed in the table below.
Both the Landlord and Property Title, Name, Surname, Address information, are combined in the table e.g Address 1 in column 1 applies to Landlord address line 1, and the property address line 1.
|Landlord title||This is the landlord's title i.e. Mr, Mrs, Miss.|
|Landlord name||The first name of the landlord|
|Landlord surname||The surname of the landlord|
|Landlord company name||The company name of the landlord|
|Landlord address line 1|
|Landlord address line 2|
|Landlord address line 3|
|Landlord postcode||Postcode of the landlord|
|Title||This is the customers' title i.e. Mr, Mrs, Miss.||Make sure that all are set up in system settings: Add a title|
|Name||The first name of the landlord/Work address|
|Surname||The surname of the landlord/Work address|
|Company name||The company name of the customer|
|Telephone||Work address landline number|
|Mobile||Work address mobile number||Must be a mobile number (valid for SMS use)|
|Work address email address||Must be a valid email address|
|Postcode||Postcode of the property|
|Address line 1||The first address line of the landlord/property||Is a required field, and must be unique|
|Address line 2||The second address line of the landlord/property|
|Address line 3||The third address line of the landlord/property|
|Town||Town where the property is located|
|County||County where the property is located|
|Service reminder name 1||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings: Add service reminders|
|Service reminder date 1||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Service reminder name 2||The service reminder name||Make sure that all are set up in system settings: Add service reminders|
|Service reminder date 2||The service reminder date||yyyy-mm-dd|
|Notes||This is a general note|
|Notes for engineer|
|Type of service|
When you have read and understood the above click here to import customers to Commusoft.