Purpose: Allowing Commusoft to connect with your email accounts helps integrate your communications into the software. This helps your entire company stay in the know on email communication, not just on a user-by-user basis, but in an entire company basis. This helps keep admin time, lets your company know what’s happening in regards to your customers, jobs, estimates, etc. Enabling this will vastly improve your time spent within the software.
- Gmail: If a new email is sent, this will show in customer notes and communications, and any replies will show in a thread against the original sent email.
- Office 365: All emails (new and replies) will show against the customer notes and communications.
- General Communication: If a customer emails you without you sending an email first, it will appear in their Customer ‘Notes & Communications’ area. Otherwise, if they reply to an email, it will show in a thread in that location. For example Job confirmations will be in the job ‘Notes & Communications’ or invoice replies will be in the invoice ‘Notes & Communications’.
- You will need to use your email account as normal. This is not a replacement for your mailbox.
Adding your Email:
- Go to company settings > Set up email.
- Navigate to the ‘Import emails’ Tab. From here, you can select either a Google or Office365 Email to add.
Adding a google email:
- Tap the ‘Sign in with Google’ button. Once you sign in, you will be shown the screen below.
- Tap ‘Allow’. This will activate the import module, and you will see that reflected in the ‘Verified email addresses’ quadrant when you go back into the page. You will see the google ‘G’ logo here as well.
Enabling google apps for business email syncs
- You will need to be logged in as the administrator, and go to admin.google.com/ac/home. then click on ‘Security’ and then ‘API Controls’. Here, you’ll see a link that says ‘MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS’.
- From here, click on ‘Configure new app’. Then ‘Oauth App Name Or Client ID’.
- You’ll then search using the strings provided below.
United states Commusoft clients will search using the string
987390692295-r126mmmt7o6rtq03oc673917s29aa184.apps.googleusercontent.comWhereas UK clients will search using the string
Select the Commusoft logo that appears and hit ‘Select’. You will then be taken to a confirmation screen, where you can select your OAuth Client ID by hitting the checkbox, then tapping ‘Select’.
- The next page will be ‘App access’ and you’ll want to mark the ‘Trusted: Can access all Google services’ radio button. Finish by tapping ‘Configure’. Now, Google will add it to your google account, and you will be able to go into the ‘Import emails tab’ and select Google.
Adding an Office365 Email:
- Tap the ‘Sign in with Office365’ button. Once you sign in, you will be shown the screen below.
- Tap ‘Yes’. This will activate the import module, and you will see that reflected in the ‘Verified email addresses’ quadrant when you go back into the page. You will see the google ‘G’ logo here as well.
Viewing your communications:
As mentioned above, this will differ between Gmail and Outlook.
- Go into the customer you’ve emailed or sent communications to, you can view their responses in the customer page via ‘Notes & Communications’ .
- In this page, you’ll see a list of communications you’ve had with your customer, as well as the label for them.
Below: An example of a thread between a company and a customer, note that they are connected in the module, with replies noted throughout.
- Customers may send attachments along with their communications. You can view these by going into the email, then viewing ‘Attachments’ and tapping the attachment files name, as shown below.
- Once you click on it, you’ll see the below screen appear.
Syncing your emails:
- Not often, but sometimes, due to provider issues, your email may not sync. This can be caused by google or office365 going down temporarily, halting the process. You can alleviate this by going into Company settings > Set up email > Import Emails.
- From there, hit sync, you will be asked to type ‘Confirm’ to confirm the sync. The sync will then start and will pull any missing information in from your external provider.
- A notification will appear in the notification area of who requested the sync. You can edit who sees this in notification preferences.
Setting your notification preferences:
- Go to system settings > Notification preferences.
- Scroll, or search, for the sync notification, specifically 'Sync emails'.
- Select the roles you wish to be able to get the notification of the sync request. The roles you set here will see the notification, this does not limit who can request the sync.