Purpose: Setting up your accounting package, please read all the information below carefully.
Once you have read all the documentation below if you have any questions or are unsure at any stage then please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or if your Commusoft package has phone support call us on 02030 266 266 - Option 2. It is important to ask us for advice before taking any action.
- Please read the overview article before completing these steps: Sage 200 Cloud: Overview
- Commusoft cannot be held responsible for the quality of data. Please ensure the data in your accounting package and/or Commusoft is of good quality and in the correct fields before integrating.
- All Customer in Sage 200 will import as a Company in Commusoft.
- Title is not supported for Import or Export of records.
- Commusoft only integrates with the Sage 200 Web Portal, not the desktop Application.
- You must select that you want to send data manually when prompted in setting up the integration.
- Do not click the Send Data button until everything is set up.
- DRC and CIS are not supported.
- Cash allocations not supported.
- Nominal codes and Departments linked must match or may post incorrectly.
Choosing your package
Read and complete the steps below.
1. Profile icon > Integrations > Accounting packages > Setup integration > Choose package: Sage 200
2. You will be redirected to Sage 200, enter your credentials > Login > Allow Access > Back to Commusoft
NB: If you are already logged in to the accounting package on your browser this step might be skipped.
Completing setup and preferences
You will now be asked to complete the setup and a series of preferences. Follow all the steps carefully, ensuring you read all the information provided.
- Select one option for Import data > Next step
- Yes, I would like to import all customers and suppliers from Sage 200
- No, I would not like to import any customers and suppliers from Sage 200
- All Customer in Sage 200 will import as a Company in Commusoft: Change customer type
- Do not select Yes if the Accounting package is blank or if the Customers already exist in Commusoft.
- Commusoft is not responsible for the quality of data that is imported. Please ensure the data in your accounting package is of good quality and in the correct fields before proceeding. For example, some accounting packages do not have Companies, they are shown as Customers, therefore they will be imported as Customers in Commusoft.
2. Tick the box to confirm your selection is correct > Next step
3. Choose a cut-off date for financial records that you want to import into your Accounting Package and add an email address for Notifications > Next step
Send data from:
- All data in Commusoft. This will include all records entered into Commusoft from your start date.
- From a specific date
When choosing 'From a specific date' you need to consider whether you set a past, present or future date.
- Past date - set a date in the past if you want to align with your financial quarter or year.
- Present date - set this to send financial records from the present date onwards.
- Future date - set a date in the future to align with the beginning of the next financial quarter or year.
- We will automatically send all customer records entered into Commusoft regardless of the date selected, the cut-off date you set only affects financial records.
- This should be the main accounting contact, you can add additional email addresses once the integration is complete by following this guide: Accounting integration notifications
4. Tick the box to confirm your selection is correct > Next step
5. Choose one Send data option > Next step
You can select from:
- Automatically (every two hours)
- When you click the 'Send data' button (Manually)
- You must set the dashboard to 'Manually' send if you already have customers/suppliers in your Accounting package as these will need linking up before you send any data. Follow this guide: Sage Accounting: Link existing customers/suppliers
- The send data option can be changed at any time: Company Setting > Accounting Interfaces > QuickLinks > Change data transfer settings
6. Tick the box to confirm your selection is correct > Next step
7. The accounting integration has now been set up > Close
You will now see the accounting interface dashboard.
You will have some data in the 'Waiting to be sent box.'
Do not press send until you are fully set up.