Sage 50cloud Accounts Error Checking
Sage has added an extra layer of checks into their system, If you have had a 'Cash allocation payment' failure or a 'Single payment' failure in Commusoft, you may now get an error when opening Sage 50. This will be related to the payment record Commusoft sent to Sage 50 where the allocation of this record was not successful.
- You can view the record(s) in Commusoft > Company Settings > Accounting interfaces > Failed
When opening Sage if you get a ‘File Maintenance Problems Report’ indicating you have errors to fix, we recommend you view the errors before you fix them, Sage 50 is helpful in identifying missed allocations so you can use the tool they provide to remedy the errors.
Cash allocation payment
- This is a feature in Commusoft whereby you add a payment that is allocated to more than 1 invoice. When this record is passed to Sage, they split this single record and create individual SR's for each record. As such, Sage does not have a way to let us know when the full cash allocation has sent successfully.
- If any part of the record has failed we will fail the remainder in Commusoft. This will prompt an error to show that the process has failed to allocate a payment.
- This means some records within the allocation may have been sent but that the full allocation did not.
- You will need to manually check Sage and reconcile this payment allocation within Sage to match Commusoft and then mark this record as: “Do not send”.
- This record should not be resent.
- Adding Cash allocations
- When sending a payment to sage we send the payment record, then search Sage to allocate this to the related invoice.
- For various reasons, Sage will create the payment record but the allocation will fail.
- We will show the record has failed in Commusoft. This will prompt an error to show that the record has failed to allocate the payment. You will have to manually check Sage and reconcile this payment allocation within Sage to match Commusoft and then mark this record as: “Do not send”. This record should not be resent.
- Adding Single Payments