Under your 'Company settings', you can find a full list of your users from the 'Users' section. Their individual profiles will contain information for you to view or edit regarding things like their specific skills and the shift patterns on which they work.
In order to take full advantage of this feature, establish their starting point - the address they are primarily based at, by entering this in their 'personal details' section. This will be especially useful if you use suggested appointments.
- You can organise various shift patterns within Commusoft to make your scheduling easier within the system. Access these settings through the 'Shifts' section under 'Users' within your system settings.
- This will enable you to create and define your engineers' shift patterns. You can use this function to set up things like weekend shifts or night shifts and designate time slots for them here.
- Name and describe the shifts firstly, once they have been added (using the button beneath) click 'Setup shift pattern' in order to define them.
- This will bring up a calendar where you can drag your cursor along the time and date cells in order to specify the parameters of the shift.
- You can choose either a 'Normal' or an 'Overtime' shift from the 'Shift type' dropdown. Selecting overtime will allow you to add an overtime rate to this shift to adjust for any payment discrepancies that may occur.
- You can also incorporate shift breaks. If for example, your engineers take a 1-hour lunch break, you can configure your settings so that between specific hours (12 pm and 3 pm) a 1-hour slot will be accounted for.
- From an engineer's individual profile, you can check which shift they have currently got assigned to them. This will be displayed in their business details section, and can also be edited from here by clicking 'Edit business details' and selecting a different shift from the dropdown menu:
Things to note:
- The system will not allow you to create an event in the 'greyed out' area.
- The system will not allow you to add an event in the white/yellow area if it overlaps into the grey area too.
- The job cost will be calculated on both the costings if the event covers both the white and yellow areas.
- Please note, the overtime cost value is a percentage (%) to be added to the engineer's standard rate. For example, if the overtime rate is 'time and a half' (e.g.150%), you should type '50' into the box.
- You'll need to make sure you have the 'cost rate' set up for each user (if you don't already), otherwise, the overtime rate won't have a figure to base itself on. This is accessible from your Company settings. Scroll down to users and open their business details.
- If you don't have this option available on your system, this is probably due to your subscription to us. This feature is available on certain plans. If you'd like to use this, please contact Commusoft sales.