When you receive an email from your supplier, it can be useful to attach it to that supplier's page so that their invoices are easier to locate and manage. You have the ability to 'drag and drop' invoices straight onto your suppliers' individual pages, it should only take a few seconds to upload.
- You should ensure the invoice is correct and associated with your chosen supplier otherwise, an error message will occur and you won't be able to attach the file.
- Once uploaded, the document will be stored under the 'Attached files' tab of your supplier's profile.
This action can also be done to upload invoices to the 'Costs' tab under a specific job. Drag and drop the invoice and then select the correct supplier from the search.
Additional information and FAQs
Why would I need to use this?
If you receive PDF invoices from your suppliers it makes sense to be able to enter these into Commusoft easily without manually typing. This feature means all you need to do is click, drag and the rest is done for you.
What if I want the supplier invoice connected to a job?
In order to do this, go into the job, open the costs tab and drag the invoice into there. It works in the same way, but it will be against the job too.
I don't see this in my Commusoft.
This is probably due to the type of package you are using. This feature is available only on certain plans. If you'd like to use this and it is unavailable, please contact Commusoft sales or support.
My imports aren't working at all.
This may be due to you not setting the correct template against the supplier, or having a default nominal code. These two areas are important in the automation of this feature.
What if I need to change the nominal code for one or more items?
You can go into the invoice after it's created and alter the details within if needed.
Can I upload more than one file?
Yes add multiple files at once, just select them all, then drag them into the screen but you can not add 1 file with more than 1 invoices within the file itself.
What size files can I upload?
Each file should be less than 5Mb.
You may see some errors:
- If there are no line items, the invoice is not created (email is received with error details).
- If there is no invoice number, the invoice is not created (email is received with error details).
- If there are blank line items or have 0 in quantity or price, that line is skipped (notification for successful import/creation, but email is received with error details).
- If there is no PO in Commusoft but there is one on the invoice PDF, the invoice is created in Commusoft (notification for successful import/creation, but email is received with error details).