Purpose: You can upload Supplier invoices to the Supplier details page or to a job via the cost tab by using our drag-and-drop feature. This saves you from entering the information manually into Commusoft, saving you time. You can also add supplier invoices
- Each file you upload needs to be less than 5 MB.
- We do not support Copy invoices they must be originals from the Supplier
- When dragging and dropping an invoice for a PO, you may receive a notification stating 'Configure PO quantity and supplier invoice quantity are mismatched'. This notification is only applicable for manual invoice entries and not for drag and drop. If you receive this notification, please open the invoice link in the notification and you'll see the quantities are correct.
- With selected suppliers, it is not possible to import the full line item totals due to the way they calculate the quantities, these will be shown as a single Net Line Item.
- You must have the correct Automated invoice template assigned to your supplier.
Assigning an Automated invoice template
- Suppliers tab > New Supplier > Automated invoice import > Template dropdown > Choose correct Supplier
- Suppliers tab > View supplier > Edit Supplier > Automated invoice import > Template dropdown > Choose correct Supplier
If you have an accounting package connected you will need to assign a default nominal code Edit Supplier
1. Suppliers tab > View supplier > Edit Supplier > Default nominal code
Adding invoices to a supplier
- Go to the ‘Suppliers’ tab, and choose your supplier from the supplier list.
- Grab your invoice from your email downloads, wherever it is located on your terminal, and drag and drop it into the web page. You will see an uploader module, with an information box about how it’s uploading. When uploading, please ensure the invoice is correct and associated with the correct supplier, otherwise, an error will occur and you won’t be able to attach the file
Uploading invoices into the Cost tab
- You can also upload invoices into the cost tab under a specific job. To do this, go into the job > costs section > drag and drop the invoice you have into the cost area.
- The webpage will load, with the same information module you saw when adding invoices to a supplier.
- What if I want the supplier invoice connected to a job?
In order to do this, go into the job, open the costs tab and drag the invoice into there. It works in the same way, but it will be against the job too.
- I don't see this in my Commusoft.
This is probably due to the type of package you are using. This feature is available only on certain plans. If you'd like to use this and it is unavailable, please contact Commusoft sales or support
- My imports aren't working at all.
This may be due to you not setting the correct template against the supplier, or having a default nominal code. These two areas are important in the automation of this feature.
- What if I need to change the nominal code for one or more items?
You can go into the invoice after it's created and alter the details within if needed.
- Can I upload more than one file?
Yes add multiple files at once, just select them all, then drag them into the screen but you can not add 1 file with more than 1 invoice within the file itself.
- I’m experiencing errors, why?
If there are no line items, the invoice is not created (email is received with error details).
If there is no invoice number, the invoice is not created (email is received with error details).
If there are blank line items or have 0 in quantity or price, that line is skipped (notification for successful import/creation, but email is received with error details).
If there is no PO in Commusoft but there is one on the invoice PDF, the invoice is created in Commusoft (notification for successful import/creation, but email is received with error details).