Nominal accounts are used to split invoices and charges into separate groups i.e parts, labour, office expenses etc. This is useful to collate how much money your company receives or spends in different areas. You can add to this list at any time.
- In order to add a new nominal code, first, go to your system settings. Under the 'General settings' section, select 'Nominal accounts'.
- You will see a form on the left-hand side and a list of existing nominal accounts on the right-hand side. You can add your new nominal account on the left and it will appear in the list on the right when you click 'Save'.
- If amendments need to be made, click 'Edit' next to the nominal group you wish to change. You will see a page where you can edit the information with a space to name the nominal account. Change this information as required and click 'Save nominal account' once the amendments have been made.
- Click 'Delete' next to the nominal account you wish to remove.
- To confirm you wish to delete this item you will need to type 'delete' into the box, then click 'Delete'.