A part belongs to a subcategory, which belongs to a category, which in turn belongs to an industry. This is particularly useful if your business spans different industries such as plumbing and electric, as it allows you to organise your parts by industry, then by category.
- First, go to your system settings. From the 'Parts management' section, click 'Parts and prices'.
- From this page, click 'Add a part' in the top right of the page. This will open a side-panel menu allowing you to fill in all the necessary information (required fields are marked with an asterisk).
- Once you this information as required and click 'Save part' to add it to your existing list of parts. You can edit these at any time by using the 'Edit' button which will bring up the side-panel menu once more and allow you to update the information.
- You can also remove these by clicking 'Delete' next to the part you wish to remove. From here, type and click 'delete' once more to confirm. This will allow you to delete or archive parts unless they are being used in the stock module, if this is the case you will be shown a pop-up window to inform you.
- Once you have set up your part, click the 'Configure' button next to it in order to define the various prices in relation to suppliers and parts: