From this section within your settings, you can set up a list of PPM (preventative planned maintenance) events that you regularly use. This saves you time having to set them up on an individual basis.
- In order to set up your PPM, first, go to your system settings. From the 'Contracts' section, select 'Set up PPM'.
- From here, you can easily set up a new PPM record by giving it a name and description ('PPM name', 'PPM description').
- Ensure to hit 'Save' once you've added a record, these details can be edited after the fact if need be, just ensure you save again after making any changes.
- You can also configure the specifics of these events, adding various tasks as well as other details such as how often these tasks are due to be repeated.
- Click 'Configure' next to the PPM you have just created. This will allow you to set up the parameters.
- You can start by adding tasks. Click the 'Add tasks' button, this will open the side panel and you will be able to enter a couple of descriptions and decide how often this PPM should repeat (up to a year).
- You can add any number of tasks from here as well as editing or deleting them as and when you need to.
Once these have been created, you can attach PPM to your actual contracts through the 'What is included' section. Click here to read more on that.
Setting the schedule:
- When setting up the PPM schedule, go to the customer profile with the PPM including the contract associated with it.
- Open quick links and select 'Contracts'.
- Once you've opened the appropriate contract, go to 'What is included' and click into PPM:
- Click 'Setup' in order to organise the schedule.
- This will take you to the PPM setup page. Each task associated with the PPM will be listed in the left column as well as their frequency.
- Click into the various squares in the calendar to specify when in each week or month the tasks are due to take place:
The key along the bottom of the page will help you organise the various statuses of the tasks.
Once you've put your tasks into the calendar, click 'Validate' in the bottom right of the page. This will bring up any suggested jobs (purple on the key) that you can either confirm or reject. This just means that you will be conducting tasks in the most efficient way possible.
You can, if need be, add more tasks to the PPM schedule from this screen as well using the 'Add new task' function, and if you'd prefer to have the system choose the most efficient jobs in the first instance, click 'Automatically set weeks' before hitting 'Validate' and then save.