In terms of setting up a workflow for the collection of your various parts, you can set up 'Picking list' for your various engineers to use. This setting can be toggled if you need to change it at any point.
This setting will affect your users' mobile app:
- Setting your picking list to off means that your engineers will be able to access their stock at will and take what they need.
- Putting your picking list on, however, means that your engineers will have a pre-defined list of stock with their name associated that they can then use their app to scan and collect from a stockroom manager.
- This needs to be established before anything begins to be taken out of stock just to ensure that your stock levels are accurate.
- Upon arrival, they can use their phone to scan a QR code that will automatically show which list is theirs and allow them to retrieve their part.
- If you or your engineers do not have the correct apps installed (stockroom and commusoft respectively) then this will not work.
- The stockroom manager(s) will be responsible for compiling the appropriate lists of parts for the engineers to collect upon arrival.