In order to access the setting go to your 'System settings', scroll down to 'Stock Control' and choose this setting from that section.
You can set these lists to automatically reorder your stock when it dips below a certain level. If you wish to maintain a certain amount of any particular parts, you can set up a part reorder list. This will allow you to define how much stock you would like to have and when the threshold is reached, (your 'minimum stock level') a purchase order (or more depending on the number of locations you have associated with the list) will be raised for your selected supplier.
- Minimum stock is the current stock minus reserved stock for parts in order to reorder them
- The PO(s) will be raised at 2pm, and you will get a notification letting you know once this has taken place.
- The 'stock locations' section at the bottom of the page allows you to associate specific locations with your parts reorder lists (your various stock locations' pages can be accessed by simply searching for it - by name, using the regular search bar).
- You need to select at least one stock location in order to activate your list. However many you select, Commusoft will check each of them for the required minimum stock level and raise the necessary purchase orders for each location whose stock level falls below the threshold you established.
- Setting up your parts reorder lists gives you peace of mind that your stock will not drop beneath the amount you have specified without more also being ordered.
Ensure your reorder quantity is greater than or equal to the minimum stock level you establish so that the PO will generate correctly.