You can enable a credit card integration through Stripe in order to take online payments and save card details for your customers. You can read more about the benefits of using Stripe for your business here.
- In order to integrate through Stripe, first go to your ‘Company settings’, from here go to the ‘Integrations’ section and click ‘Credit card’.
- Once here, you will be presented with the option to choose either Stripe or Worldpay.
- Choosing Stripe will redirect you to their site. You can sign in if you’ve already got an account but it is quick and easy to set one up at this stage if necessary.
- In order to ensure the option is provided to use a credit card integration, go to your system setting and select 'Payment methods' from the 'Invoicing' section. Click 'Edit' next to a payment method and you will have the option to 'Use credit card integration' (below).
Setting up an integration allows you to begin to record and store your customers card details. Recording your customers' card details can be a useful way to take payments quickly online (see the article on taking card payments on the web for further information), it can also offer security in the case of ensuring you receive payment in a timely fashion.
- After setting up your integration, you should also go to your credit card details page (under system settings) and choose how/when you would like credit card details to be saved as well as whether you want to make it mandatory or optional.
- Read more on saving credit cards and our invoice portal here - this enables you to add the link for your online payment portal to the outbound communication you send to your customers.