This setting allows you to create a list of job descriptions that you can apply to a job when you are creating or editing them. This helps you categorise and organise the jobs within Commusoft. It can also be used to associate specific skills with jobs, helping you to assign the correct engineers, as well as including a set price for each job description meaning you don't have to manually add them to each job that comes up.
- In order to set up your job descriptions, go to your system settings, scroll down to 'Jobs'. From here, select 'Job descriptions'.
- You will be taken to a list of your existing job descriptions, each with the option to 'configure', 'edit', 'clone' or delete. Use the 'Add job description' button to open a side panel and add your new description (required fields will be marked with an asterisk) and ensure to hit 'Save' when done.
- Editing a job description will allow you to change the name, colour, whether or not it appears in the website integration/customer portal, and the online portal price. 'Appear in website integration' means that this job will be available to customers using the advanced website booking portal.
- Once created, configuring a job description allows you to manually adjust the specifics of the job template itself such as any default values you will want to be included as well.
- If need be, you can edit or remove job descriptions as well using the buttons listed next to them. This will open a side panel for adjustments (use the side panel to manually make your edits and ensure to click "save" afterwards. When deleting you will also need to manually confirm.